The bulk of the story centers around investigative journalist Mikael Blomkvist , who has been hired by a wealthy industrialist to solve the murder of a young girl who disappeared nearly forty years ago. There is a lot more to this book than just a murder mystery, though. It is also a tale of corporate intrigues and love triangles populated by interesting characters that includes a whole family of crazies and the amazing girl with the dragon tattoo - Lisbeth Salander, a skinny 24 year old 90 pound, pierced and tattooed goth chick with a distaste for authority figures who has Asperger's syndrome and incredible computer hacking skills.
For the first half I'd read a couple of pages, put the book down and wander off to do something else. Then yesterday it suddenly grabbed me and I couldn't put it down.
There were a couple of odd words used in the translation. I had a smile when I saw Tennant Creek, a town from my part of the world, mentioned ....but a sheep station west of TC is very unlikely. It's all cattle out there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment