Sunday, December 14, 2008

Rule No. 5: No Sex On The Bus by Brian Thacker

Entertaining read about an Australian guy who worked as a tour leader for a travel company and the antics the crew and travellers got up to on his many trips through Europe.

Brian Thacker confesses all as he reveals the best (and worst) of twenty trips as a tour leader around Europe. He reveals how he fed passengers hamburgers made from breakfast cereal, horse-meat spag bog and roosters' testicles. How he left a passenger standing by the side of a motorway in France for three hours in his underwear clutching a purple toothbrush, and how he lost his driver, his cook, his bus, ten brightly coloured canal bikes, a large church and eventually his patience.

Laugh out loud funny in places. Some bits I couldn't resist reading out to anyone close by.I now have a list of must NOT see museums (including the matchstick museum, the condom museum and the museum of penises) if I ever get to Europe.

No comments: