When Eve falls for the secretive, charming Dom, their whirlwind relationship leads them to Les GenÉvriers, an abandoned house set among the fragrant lavender fields of the south of France. Deeply in love and surrounded by music, books, and the heady summer scents of the French countryside, Eve has never felt more alive. But as verdant summer fades to golden autumn, the grand house's strange and troubling mysteries begin to unfold—and Eve now must uncover its every secret . . . before dark history can repeat itself.
From the first words I was enchanted with wonderful descriptions.
There are two stories in alternating chapters of the book, one about modern-day Eve and her lover Dominic, who have bought a rundown but charming farmhouse Les Genevriers, and the other about Benedicte Lincel and her family, the house's former owners perhaps a half century or more before.
Benedicte's story was stronger, more compelling and more interesting than Eve's. Dom's mystery was a bit overdone and I got to the point where I really didn't care about it. It was Benedicte's story that kept me reading.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment