Sometimes, something makes us reconsider what we want to do with our lives - for me it was Ian dying. A year after his death I realised there were things I wanted to do before it was too late. Six months later I left home, on my own, with my backpack and an exercise book to record my travel experiences, and I haven't locked back.'
Jackie Hartnell continues her entertaining tales of a sixty-plus woman backpacking on the cheap. Whether she is travelling as a deck passenger to Norway's fjords, or with an 'Easy Rider' through Vietnam, or on the back of her daughter's moto in Cambodia, Jackie's adventures are as diverse and surprising as the people she meets on her journeys.
The best things about this book were that Jackie is Australian and her travels through Cambodia and Vietnam.
It might have been better if I had read her first book. She kept mentioning people as though I should know who they are and referring to things that happened in her 1st book.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment